1.3
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

The below is regarding an experience I had with Mr. Electric out of Irmo, SC on 10/13/2017.

On 10/12/2017, I called for Mr. Electric to come to a customer's home that I was working on that needed electrical attention, for which my company would be covering the cost of. The technicians did arrive promptly & on time. I was not there, however, my foreman was at the home completing our end of the job.

One of the electricians called & informed me of what would have to be done. I verbally agreed to this & told him to go ahead & complete the job for the customer. Upon my arrival to the residence, the technicians were more concerned with having me sign paperwork & getting my credit card information than actually having the job completed. While there, the technicians said they would preform a free inspection of the home.

During this inspection, the home owner arrived & asked if two simple light fixtures could be hung in her kitchen. She was informed by the technicians that the installation would cost $134 per fixture. He also informed her that she was in need of an additional $9,000.00 worth of work to her home. Upon this news, the home owner, while fearing for her life due to the urgency of the technician, agreed to a smoke & carbon monoxide detector to be installed at the cost of $233.00.

The technicians made the customer feel that she was in imminent danger & that she would have a definite electrical hazard issue. Since I made the initial call, the home owner expressed her discomfort with the service she had received from Mr. Electric & their outrageously high pricing as well as the intimidation of the technicians. I took it upon myself to go to the office & report this type of behavior.

After doing so, I received a call from one of the technicians whom were at the home, informing me that I had no right to come to the office & express my concerns. At this time, I apologize for my actions on behalf of this customer.

After doing further research & reading the reviews of this company, I am appalled & sorry that I ever called for service. Concerned Consumer

Review about: Mr Electric Electric Service.

Reason of review: Intimidation factor.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Punctuality of technician.

Comments